We sincerely apologize, but we are unable to accept new patients at this time.
- Communication: In any doctor-patient relationship communication is key. In our practice we want to maximize communication opportunities with our patients. We will be available for phone calls during office hours. After hours we will be available through the answering service as well as a call group of physicians that works closely with Dr. Arnett. Another tool available to our patients is the Patient Portal which is a part of the patient’s medical record. The Patient Portal is an electronic form of communicating directly with our staff and/or Dr. Arnett. It is very efficient and can be accessed anytime from your computer.
- New patients: We are accepting established patients as well as new patients into the practice. We are happy to make your appointment when you call us during business hours. We will need you to fill out new patient paperwork before you are seen. We can mail you a packet to be brought to the office before your appointment or on the day of your first appointment. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow us to process all of your paperwork. It will be very helpful if we are able to have your medical records from prior physicians before your first appointment. Please sign a release of information with your current physician and have them send your records to our office. Please note that we do not prescribe or refill any chronic narcotic prescriptions on your first appointment. There is a specific process that must be followed for patients with chronic pain.
- Appointments: Patients are seen by appointment. Please call during office hours or use the patient portal to schedule your appointment. Our goal is to be as efficient as possible and avoid long waits. Please arrive to your appointment on time. If you are 15 minutes late we may need to reschedule your appointment. If you are not able to keep your appointment, please call 24 hours in advance to cancel so that other patients may be seen at that time.
- Medication refills: For refills of your medications please call your pharmacy to send us a request. You may also request refills through the Patient Portal. Our goal is to be as efficient as possible, but please allow 24-48 hours for refills to be processed. Patients with chronic medical conditions will need to be have an appointment in the office at least twice per year to properly monitor their condition and medications. Please keep this in consideration when you are requesting refills or needing to make an appointment.
- Hospital care: Patients who require hospitalization will be cared for by hospitalists at either Eastern New Mexico Medical Center or Loveless Regional Hospital. Dr. Arnett will be able to be in contact with the physician caring for the patient. Appointments for hospital and ER follow ups will be accommodated within one week of discharge.